Stop Trying To Be Rich & Famous
In today’s coaching session, we’re going to talk about how to start a business while enjoying a higher quality lifestyle … whatever that might look like for you. No get rich schemes. No snake oil. You don’t need to pretend that you’re something that you’re not. It’s all real world, practical advice. The kind of practical advice that has helped countless people start a business.
Mentioned In This Podcast
Stop Trying To Be Rich & Famous (Summary Notes)
YouTube celebrities or content marketing gurus are LOADED with promises, personality, tools, and techniques. He or she makes millions and yes, YOU TOO, can make millions! It’s the dark side of learning how to start a business.
And you don’t even have to bring anything to the table. You can “with integrity” lie about being an expert, or you can lie about being an international best selling author by using “X” technique.
That’s how all con artists work.
They know you’ll have an integrity issue with what they’re selling, so they make sure to drop in plenty of “with integrity” statements. That’s all a part of the con. And that’s not how you start a business. Ever.
One quick Google search has one so called coach promises to teach you how to make $355,000 in just six months! Another, $200,000 thousand a month!
To be clear, you have a better statistical chance of getting hit by lighting AND then winning the lottery, than either one of those things happening by using their so called magical “how to start a business” system.
It takes the average self-made millionaire (32) years to become a millionaire. 80% are fifty years of age or older. As in, their wealth was built over a lifetime.
So start a business, learn lifestyle design, but do so from a healthy perspective.
“There is an optical illusion about every person we meet” — Emerson
How To Start A Business Without The Hype
In today’s coaching session, we’re going to talk about how to start a business, how to make more money while enjoying a higher quality lifestyle.
No get rich schemes. You don’t need to pretend that you’re something that you’re not. It’s all real world, practical advice. The kind of practical advice that has helped countless creatives, business owners and executives start a business.
But before we begin, we need to take on the big elephant in the room. As a reminder, 80% of all millionaires became millionaires at age fifty or later. They dont typically live in fancy mansions and their car of choice is a Ford.
How to start a business is a not a magical process. It’s hard work. And it requires a healthy, grounded mindset.
How To Start A Business – Your (5) Point Strategy
- Clarify the DREAM that you are willing to do ALMOST ANYTHING to build. Chase the dream, NOT the reward. How to start a business? Find the thing you just can’t let go.
- CLAIM your artisan craft and HONESTLY OWN where your skill sets are, today, with regards to that craft. What are you willing to study and get better at for years on end? How to start a business? Get really good at your craft.
- Start smart and grow from there. Strategy is everything. Management by impulse or reaction is not. It will keep you stuck or worse. How to start a business? Execute well thought out, strong strategy.
- Bring people along for the ride. The key to success, to making things happen, are the people that will help you get there. Employees. Advocates. Connections. Others. How to start a business? Get super clear on what relationships you need to achieve success.
- Polish & Perfect, all the time, with everything. Your systems. Your branded experience. You skills as a person, leader and visionary. How to start a business? Dedicate yourself to lifetime of polishing and perfecting your professional offer and craft.
“The prize is relative to the price.” — Bob Olmstead
There are no short cuts, there are no silver bullets … just passion, hard work, good strategy, and playing the long game. Start a business that way and you’ll be fine.
Yep, We’re Back Building A Healthy Business Building Mindset
If you are truly fed up, versus just saying you’re fed up, then get off the sidelines and get into the game. Learn how to start a business, sure, but most importantly– start a business! Make some noise. Break some rules. Find the spark you have to turn into a business.
Guess what I didn’t do today? I’m didn’t sell you snake oil. I told you the truth on how to start a business, to the best of my abilities.
Can almost anyone make a bunch of money part time while living the dream? Sure. Will most people pay the price that earns that lifestyle? No, very few. Learning how to start a business, in a credible way, takes time and a lot of work.
Here’s Your Homework
Find the spark that you would climb Everest for, not the gimmick, not the silver bullet. Find the spark that will fuel you as your start a business.
“Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny” — CS LEWIS